A First Aid Kit ensures you are prepared for potential illnesses and lesser emergencies.
Your basic kit should contain:
- Antipyretic and analgesic suppositories (paracetamol only, keep in a cool place)
- Glucose/electrolyte solution for diarrhoea
- Disinfectant and antiseptic ointment
- Spray or ointment for insect bites and stings
- Dressing materials and plasters
- Scissors, tweezers and cotton buds
- Any medication your baby needs regularly
If you are uncertain about what to use, or you are concerned your baby is ill, it is advisable to visit a doctor.