Welcome to the Mediclinic Baby Programme
Mediclinic Southern Africa is proud to present the Mediclinic Baby programme.
This is an exclusive programme that is available to all parents whose babies are born at a Mediclinic hospital. We know how important expert information is to expectant parents at every stage of pregnancy. We would therefore like to invite you to join the Mediclinic Baby programme, where you will not only receive weekly online newsletters and invitations to hospital events, such as Pregnancy Education Week, but also a host of other benefits and services.
Being part of our programme you can receive:
- A pregnancy journal, which can be collected at your doctor's rooms or from the Patient Experience Manager at your chosen Mediclinic hospital.
- Free relevant pregnancy and postnatal information on a weekly basis via email (should you select the option).
- A DVD range covering the following topics: Bathing your newborn, Breastfeeding, Healthy Baby - Happy baby (R50 each incl. postage).
- As a Mediclinic Baby member you pay a preferential, once-off fee of R550 for Sweet Dreamz to handle the UIF claim on your behalf.
- Tailor-made antenatal courses, presented by childbirth professionals. These courses are designed to meet your needs and comprise weekly or condensed Saturday classes, or a specially designed weekend getaway. (Enquire at your nearest Mediclinic or visit here for details.) We'll also provide a handy file in which to keep all your notes from the course that you attend.
- CPR Classes:
Click here for CPR classes in the Western Cape. Click here for CPR classes in Gauteng.
We recommend that you attend an antenatal course from ± 26 weeks. Click here to find a childbirth educator.
While in hospital, you will also receive:
- A luxury baby bag with everything your baby will need for the first few days – excluding baby clothes (selected hospitals do supply clothing).
- A certificate with your baby’s footprint.
- The option to announce your baby's arrival with a photo on our website.
- A special celebration surprise for new parents.
- "Baby's First Year" book with valuable information and tips.
- First vaccinations: Polio and BCG *Stock dependant.
Should you not receive one or any of the above services, please enquire with the hospital staff.
- Services such as postnatal classes and baby clinics are offered at selected hospitals.
- If you would like more information on Mediclinic Baby, please sms the word BABY to 37838 (SMS is charged at R1) or email to email@example.com
24-Hour Helpline – 0860 233 333
- A dedicated nurse practitioner will assist you on this number and answer all questions relating to the programme, our facilities and services as well as medical advice.
NOTE: Please remember to book your bed at your Mediclinic of choice as soon as you receive your authorisation number from the medical aid. The programme registration is not a substitute for this important action.