Mediclinic Southern Africa is proud to present the Mediclinic Baby programme.
This is an exclusive programme that is available to all parents whose babies are born at a Mediclinic hospital. We know how important expert information is to expectant parents at every stage of pregnancy. We would therefore like to invite you to join the Mediclinic Baby programme, where you will not only receive weekly online newsletters and invitations to hospital events, such as Pregnancy Education Week, but also a host of other benefits and services.
Being part of our programme you can receive:
- A pregnancy journal, which can be collected at your doctor's rooms or from the Patient Experience Manager at your chosen Mediclinic hospital.
- Free relevant pregnancy and postnatal information on a weekly basis via email (should you select the option). This engaging and informative newsletter offers great advice including answers to some key questions asked by fellow parents-to-be, answered by a relevant specialist.
- Access to a range of helpful videos providing expert advice on topics such as breastfeeding, bathing baby as well as many other topics. As a Mediclinic Baby member you pay a preferential, once-off fee for Sweet Dreamz UIF to assist you with your Maternity UIF claim. They will assist with all the forms and also make sure the claim is submitted to The Department of Labour. Contact them today on email@example.com to get started.
- Tailor-made antenatal courses, presented by childbirth professionals. These courses are designed to meet your needs and comprise weekly or condensed Saturday classes, or a specially designed weekend getaway. (Enquire at your nearest Mediclinic or visit here for details.) We'll also provide a handy file in which to keep all your notes from the course that you attend. We recommend that you attend an antenatal course from ± 26 weeks. Click here to find a childbirth educator.
- If you would like to attend a CPR course, please find more details here (Western Cape only). Please contact your preferred Mediclinic hospital to enquire about additional CPR courses.
Hospital time – what to pack:
Our team of birthing specialists offer the following suggested items to bring along with you as you are admitted to hospital for the birth of your baby. Remember to have it packed a few weeks in advance to ensure you are calm and ready when baby decides to arrive.
While in hospital, you will also receive:
- A luxury baby bag with everything your baby will need for the first few days – excluding baby clothes (selected hospitals do supply clothing).
- A certificate with your baby’s footprint.
- The option to announce your baby's arrival with a photo on our website.
- A special celebration surprise for new parents.
- "Baby's First Year" book with valuable information and tips.
- First vaccinations: Polio and BCG *Stock dependant.
- Should you not receive one or any of the above services, please enquire with the hospital staff.
Find a Doctor
If you have not yet selected a gynaecologist and obstetrician to walk alongside you during this journey, we invite you to locate a Mediclinic specialist at one of our conveniently located hospitals in your area.
We also have a number of paediatricians available to support you once your baby has arrived. Locate a suitable doctor in your area.
- Services such as postnatal classes and baby clinics are offered at selected hospitals.
- If you would like more information on Mediclinic Baby, please sms the word BABY to 37838 (SMS is charged at R1) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
24-Hour Helpline – 0860 233 333
- A dedicated nurse practitioner will assist you on this number and answer all questions relating to the programme, our facilities and services as well as medical advice.
NOTE: Please remember to book your bed at your Mediclinic of choice as soon as you receive your authorisation number from the medical aid. The programme registration is not a substitute for this important action.