Emergency number:084 124
Please provide the following information:
- WHO is calling?
- WHAT is your contact number?
- WHAT has happened?
- WHERE has it happened?
- HOW many people are involved?
- WAIT for questions – please do not just hang up
Mediclinic COVID-19 Hotline
Having trouble accessing the hotline? Try using a landline.
Please note that calls to this number may be recorded. It is an offence to place prank calls.
Tips on what to do in an emergency
A medical emergency means someone's life is in danger and they require immediate medical attention.
- In case of an emergency, take a deep breath and calm down.
- Call ER24 on 084 124.
- Tell the call taker that there is an emergency and you require assistance.
- Give a brief overview of what type of emergency you are dealing with (i.e. person fell down the stairs, someone not breathing, a motor vehicle collision, etc.)
- Provide the call taker with your name and your contact number. Should the line be dropped, the call taker will need a way to call you back.
- Provide the call taker with the exact location of the emergency. Provide a closest cross street or landmark where possible.
- You can now provide more detail on the patient's current condition or the emergency.
- Follow all of the call taker's instructions carefully. You may request telephonic first aid.
- Stay on the line until the call taker ends the call.