What are Fixed Fees?
Mediclinic’s private fixed fees are a quoted amount for a planned procedure that includes the hospital costs related to the clinical treatment received for the duration of stay in hospital, regardless of the level of care required. A potential additional daily fixed fee charge may apply, should the patient’s admission extend beyond the expected duration (length of stay cap). For more information, please visit our FAQs and glossary.
The fixed fee packages cover a range of diagnostic and surgical procedures.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- The hospital cost of planned treatment for the duration of the patient’s stay in a hospital is included in the cost.
- The hospital cost of treating any complication arising directly from a planned procedure is included in the price for the duration of the patient’s stay in hospital.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Doctor fees such as treating provider and anaesthetist
- Associated provider fees rendered during the stay (e.g. radiology scans and pathology tests)
- Prosthetic devices
- Mobility Aids such as crutches, wheelchairs and similar items
- Take home medication