Pre-Hospitalisation for Peace of Mind
We know going to hospital can sometimes be a scary thought.
Did you know?
Our hospitals invite you to visit us 48 hours before you are due to be admitted, so that we may assist you with pre-admission.
During the early pre-admission process, our reception staff will:
- Provide you with all the necessary account information
- Tell you more about the services available at the hospital
- Help you obtain an authorisation number from your medical aid; however we encourage you to ensure that you have all the necessary information from your medical scheme regarding your hospital stay
- Help you familiarise yourself with the hospital
Essentials for Admission
For administrative purposes the following items are required upon admission:
- Your identification document or passport
- Your medical aid card
- Authorisation number supplied by your medical aid, or the letter of guarantee issued by your insurer
- X-rays, if applicable
- Chronic medication, if staying overnight
Meals & Private Rooms
All hospital meals are provided in accordance with a patient’s health requirements and meals are determined in conjunction with a certified dietician.
Some Mediclinic hospitals are able to provide special meals e.g. kosher and halaal. If you would like to request a special meal please do so during your pre-admission or upon admission at the hospital. Special meals attract a surcharge as these meals are specially ordered in from one of our pre-approved local suppliers. Please enquire at the hospital about the surcharge.
Private room request
For your convenience, some of our hospitals are able to accommodate patients in semi-private, private, VIP and luxury rooms. These room types are available on request for an additional fee and are based on availability at the time of admission.
Private and semi-private rooms
- An additional fee for a private or semi-private rooms will be for the patient's own account, unless pre-authorised by your medical scheme.
- Enquire at reception or the administration department for the applicable fees.