1. TARIFF INFORMATION
1.1.1 Tariffs charged by Mediclinic hospitals are negotiated between Mediclinic and your medical scheme annually.
1.1.2 A copy of your account in the format as agreed upon with your medical scheme will be made available to you on request.
1.1.3 Doctors, pathologists, anaesthetists and other service providers' accounts are rendered independently from the hospital.
1.1.4 Should you require any further financial information, please do not hesitate to contact the administration department.
As agreed between Mediclinic and your medical scheme:
1.2.1 On the day of admission
- If admitted before 12:00: full daily rate.
- If admitted after 12:00: half the daily rate.
1.2.2 On the day of discharge
- If discharged before 12:00: half the daily rate.
- If discharged after 12:00: full daily rate.
NB: The abovementioned rules do not apply to obstetric cases or medical schemes with alternative fee structures.
1.2.3 Obstetric cases
- Obstetric benefits are limited to scheme rules - first day being the day of delivery.
- Please familiarise yourself with your scheme's benefits.
- If you exceed the stay authorised by your medical scheme, the extra days will be payable by you on discharge.
- Obstetric fees are fixed daily fees (no half-day charges) and include all charges other than medicines, certain gases and specific equipment fees.
- In the case of a multiple birth, an additional nursery fee will be charged for each additional baby.
- For complications or complicated deliveries, the account will be rendered on a fee-for-service basis.
1.2.4 Private and semi-private rooms
- An additional fee for a private or semi-private rooms will be for the patient's own account, unless pre-authorised by your medical scheme.
- Enquire at reception or the administration department for the applicable fees.
2. PATIENTS' RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 Patients are requested to visit our pre-admission centre at leat 48 hours before admission (if possible). Alternatively, hand in a completed pre-admission form at reception 48 hours prior to admission or complete our pre-admission documentation online. Visit http://mediclinic.co.za/patients for more information.
2.2 You will be required to produce your medical scheme card and identity document on admission.
3. MEDICAL SCHEME PATIENTS
3.1 Please familiarise yourself with your medical scheme's/insurer's benefits and available funds before admission. Please provide the confirmation/pre-authorisation number obtained from your scheme on your pre-admission form.
3.2 Patients are reminded that the account remains their responsibility and is payable within 30 days of discharge. It is imperative that newborn babies be registered as dependents with the medical scheme immediately after birth.
3.3 Certain medical schemes require a co-payment from the member for the portion of the treatment not covered by the medical scheme. This is payable by the patient on admission.
4. PRIVATE-PAYING PATIENTS
4.1 A pre-payment covering the estimated cost of the procedure/service is required on admission. Should your account exceed this amount, you may be required to make further interim payments. Please note that the estimated amount is not a quote as there are variables that may influence the final amount.
4.2 Every effort will be made to finalise the account on discharge. A waiting period of 30 to 60 minutes may be expected.
4.3 If discharge takes place over a weekend or after hours, the final account will be posted to the guarantor of the account on the next working day. The account is payable upon receipt.
4.4 If the deposit exceeds the final billed account, a refund will be issued to the patient from our Corporate Office in Stellenbosch within 25 days of discharge, depending on the method of payment.
4.5 For EFT or credit card refunds, please complete the necessary documentation available at reception.
5. INJURY ON DUTY (COID)
5.1 The Compensation Commissioner requires an Employer's Report of Accident and First Medical Report in order to settle the account. This must be provided by the employer on admission.
5.2 A certified copy of the patients' identity document is required.
6.1 On discharge, you are required to hand in your discharge card at reception and sign the discharge documentation. Failure to report to reception can result in an additional charge (of half a day's accommodation) on your account.
6.2 All applicable payments must be made on discharge.
7. METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Bank-guaranteed cheque
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Traveller's cheques (in SA Rand only)
- Various buy-aid cards