Mediclinic has always believed that patients and their loved ones are important partners in healing. We would like to thank our amazing community for their patience during these difficult times and we look forward to welcoming more visitors to our facilities in coming months. As we gradually reduce visiting restrictions, we appreciate all visitors as our partners in maintaining safe environments for our patients and caregivers.
Please note the following:
- All non-COVID patients are allowed one one visitor at a time
Visitation for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected COVID-19 patients is restricted, however exceptions will be made where possible and safe for critically/terminally ill patients
Visitation by one person at a time is allowed between the hours of 10:00 and 20:00
- Access for partners accompanying obstetric patients remains unchanged – a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient if facilities are available, or may visit once a day for an unlimited time
- A designated family member/support person (that has passed access control) is allowed to accompany a patient in the Emergency Centre
- Patients for surgery are allowed to have somebody accompany them through the admission process and to the entrance of the applicable theatre
- Paediatric patients and one parent continue to be regarded as a single entity as before
- All patient visitors must go through the screening process and will not be allowed entry should they be deemed to be a risk
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
- Free newspapers for our private room patients
- DSTV Hotel bouquet and selected radio channels on our televisions
- Padlock facilities in each room
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.