Mediclinic Durbanville’s endocrinology service is offered by Dr Chris Greyling, Specialist Physician and Endocrinologist. The service includes the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of diseases of the endocrine system and metabolism. These include but are not limited to:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Comprehensive management of all forms of diabetes
- Continuous Glucose Management (CGM)
- Insulin pump therapy
- Other disorders of glucose metabolism and hypoglycaemic disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Calcium- and vitamin D-related disorders
- Imbalance of water and electrolytes
- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseases
- Reproductive health and infertility
- Pituitary disorders
- Disorders of growth and puberty
- Pregnancy and endocrine diseases
- Obesity and bariatric surgery
- Lipid disorders
- Rare endocrine-related disorders and syndromes
The main objectives of our service are as follows:
- To offer comprehensive management for patients with diabetes mellitus and endocrine disease.
- To coordinate the multidisciplinary management of such patients and prepare selected patients for endocrine surgery.
- To offer a high standard of follow-up care for our patients.
- To work closely with other medical disciplines involving endocrine patients and collaborate with dietetics and nursing diabetes educators.
- To deliver a service of clinical excellence.
To make an appointment, contact:
Dr Chris Greyling
T 021 595 0105