COVID-19 Visiting Hours
Mediclinic has always believed that patients and their loved ones are important partners in healing. We would like to thank our community for their patience during these difficult times and we look forward to welcoming more visitors to our facilities in coming months. As we gradually reduce visiting restrictions, we appreciate all visitors as our partners in maintaining safe environments for our patients and caregivers
- All non-Covid patients are allowed one visitor at a time.
- Visiting hours are between 15:00 and 20:00 daily.
- No children are allowed.
- Visitors must be healthy and pass the temperature and symptom screening upon arrival.
- Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter the hospital; this is without exception.
- Visitors must please keep their mask on at all times.
- If a visitor does not pass the screening process or does not follow hospital protocols, they will not be permitted to visit. In this case, a different visitor maybe selected.
- ALL VISITORS MUST be cleared through hospital access control.
- Visitation continues to be restricted for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected COVID-19 patients.
Staying In Touch With Patients
We encourage you to contact patients via mobile phone; alternatively, phone the hospital and request to speak to him/her. Direct relatives will be updated on the condition of the patient by our staff. Please be assured that we will do our utmost to make patients feel as comfortable and safe as possible and to keep you in virtual contact with him/her to the best of our ability.
Providing Items For Patients
You are welcome to bring items such as clothes or snacks to patients. These items can be dropped off at the access control point at the hospital. Please mark bags clearly with the patient’s name and we will ensure the items are delivered to the intended recipient. You can also collect items that need to go home from the access control point. These will be in a labelled plastic bag. As an added precaution, please wipe these items down or wash with soap and water when you get home.
Mediclinic would like to emphasise that everyone within the healthcare sector is working together to fight the pandemic. We encourage communities to observe all measures put in place to limit the spread of the virus.
- Parking (safe)
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.