Mediclinic has always believed that patients and their loved ones are important partners in healing. We would like to thank our amazing community for their patience during these difficult times and we look forward to welcoming more visitors to our facilities in coming months. As we gradually reduce visiting restrictions, we appreciate all visitors as our partners in maintaining safe environments for our patients and caregivers.
Please note the following:
- Visitation for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected COVID-19 patients will be facilitated wherever possible. Such visitation must be arranged with hospital management and is restricted to 1 person per visit.
- All other patients in General Units, ICU and Paediatric Unit will be allowed 2 visitors at a time but multiple visitors during the day as per below visiting hours.
- Visitation will be allowed at any time between the hours of 09:00 and 20:00 daily at the convenience of the patient/visitor.
- A known COVID-19 positive obstetric patient may be accompanied by an asymptomatic partner for the labour and delivery only. For known negative COVID-19 obstetric patients or asymptomatic patients awaiting results, a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient for the first night, or may visit daily until 20:00. Additional visitors for the obstetric units can be arranged but this will be for direct family members (other children of patient and grandparents) only and only one visitor at the bedside at any time
- Patients for surgery will be allowed to have an individual accompany them through the admission process and to the entrance of the applicable theatre.
- Neonatal ICU and High Care will continue to allow the parents to access the neonatal ICU or High Care but one at a time with no restriction on the duration of the visit.
- Grandparents will be allowed to visit the Neonatal ICU and High Care per arrangement with the Unit Manager for one visit of 10 minutes only.
- Children are allowed to visit except in Neonatal ICU and High Care.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
- Coffee shop
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.