Mediclinic believes that allowing patients access to their loved ones is an essential part of their recovery and wellness, but we understand that it is still important to manage the risk for all.
Please note the following:
- Visitation for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected COVID-19 patients will be facilitated wherever possible. Such visitation must be arranged with nursing staff and is restricted to 1 visitor at a time: 2 x 30 minute visits in General Wards and 2 x 15 minutes in ICU
- All other patients will be allowed 1 visitor at a time
- Visitation will be allowed at any time between the hours of 10:00 and 20:00 daily at the convenience of the patient/visitor
- Access for partners accompanying obstetric patients remains unchanged - a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient if facilities are available, or may visit once a day for an unlimited time. A well partner may accompany a COVID-19 positive patient for the delivery only
- Paediatric patients and one parent will be regarded as a single entity as before – thus allowing for another visitor as per the general rule applied above
- Neonatal ICU will continue to allow only the parents to access the neonatal ICU one at a time with no restriction on the duration of the visit
- All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
Silent hospitals promote healing. We ask that you put your mobile on silent while on hospital premises, keep volume to a minimum and that any accompanying children are well supervised.
- Coffee shop
- Facials and manicures
- Transport - a golf car is available to assist the elderly and mothers with babies.
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.