Mediclinic has always believed that patients and their loved ones are important partners in healing. We would like to thank our amazing community for their patience during these difficult times and we look forward to facilitating better engagement between patients and families in coming months. As we gradually reduce visiting restrictions, we appreciate all visitors as our partners in maintaining safe environments for our patients and caregivers.
Please note the following:
- All non-COVID patients are allowed two visitors at a time per bed
- Visitation for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected COVID-19 patients is restricted, but may be arranged with nursing staff: 2 x 30 minute visits in General Wards and 2 x 15 minute visits in ICU.
- Visitation is allowed at any time between the hours of 10:00 and 20:00 daily at the convenience of the patient/visitor
- Access for partners accompanying obstetric patients remains unchanged–a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient if facilities are available, or may visit once a day for an unlimited time. A well partner may accompany a COVID-19 positive patient for the delivery only
- A designated family member/support person (that has passed access control) is allowed to accompany a patient in the Emergency Centre
- Paediatric patients and one parent continue to be regarded as a single entity as before
- All patient visitors must go through the screening process and will not be allowed entry should they be deemed to be a risk
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.