Info For Patients
- Pre-booking must please be performed at Admissions at least 24 hours before the procedure.
- The following documentation is requested:
- Pre-booking form from the doctor with the relevant codes (BHF,CPT4 and ICD10)
- ID documents of both the patient and main member
- Medical Aid Membership Card
- Authorisation Number
- Co-payment as requested by your Medical Aid (Cash,Visa/MasterCard or EFT payments are accepted)
- If you would like to complete the pre-booking electronically, please print the Pre-Admission form available from the day clinic website, complete it in and fax it to 057 352 3155 together with the following:
- Pre-Admission form from the doctor.
- ID documents of both the patient and main member.
- Medical Aid Card.
- Authorisation Number.
- Consent for operation must be signed (upon admission).
- All jewellery and valuables must be left at home.
- Parking is at your own risk. Please do not leave any valuables or any loose packages in the car.
- Patients may not drive for 24 hours after anaesthesia. Please arrange beforehand for somebody to take you home.
- Vehicles must be removed from the hospital grounds by 17h00 or when the last patient is discharged as the gates are locked for the evening.
What To Bring With
- Book/magazine/paper to read.
- Child’s favourite toy.
- Children to be accompanied by parent and only 1 parent may accompany patient to theatre.
- Toiletries and facecloth.
What To Expect
- The whole of the hospital is a No Smoking zone and smoking is disallowed.
- Smoking is prohibited before the procedure / operation.
- If you go to theatre before 13h00, you may not eat or drink anything from 22h00 the previous evening.
- If you go to theatre after 13h00, you may have a light breakfast (a slice of toast and tea/coffee) before 07h00 the morning.
- Please bring you own chronic medication.
- Medication prescribed by your doctor after the operation / procedure can be provided by any pharmacy of your choice.
- It is not necessary to bring pyjamas as you will be issued with theatre clothing. You may bring slippers.
- Theatre is on the ground floor. You may ask the Nursing Staff to inform you when the patient is discharged from the Recovery Room.
- You are welcome to wait in the comfortable reception area.
- A kiosk is available for refreshments.
After the Operation
- On the 1st day you may experience stiffness and a sore body, resulting from the anaesthesia.
- You may also experience pain in the wound area.
- Swelling can occur in the 3 days postoperatively.
- You will be discharged on the same day of the procedure.
- Please make sure that you collect all valuables, medication, x-rays and clothing.
- You will receive medication or a prescription from your doctor.
- If you experience any pain, please use the pain medication as prescribed.
- You may not drive a motor vehicle within 24 hours of your operation.
If you require any additional information, please email email@example.com or call Linda Gebhardt on +27 57 352 5630.