COVID-19 Visiting Hours
Mediclinic Vereeniging is conscious of the evolving second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to ensure that we are best managing the risk to our patients and staff, the decision has been made to temporarily withdraw visiting hours. While we understand that visiting hours are important to our patients’ recovery, we believe that this is currently the most appropriate decision.
It is important to note that there will be exceptions to these visitor measures as detailed below:
- Visiting hours are restricted to 1 visitor per non-COVID-19 patient per day
- Visits to Neonatal ICU (one parent per day)
- Visits to paediatric unit (one parent may live in with child)
- Visits to maternity unit (father / partner may visit)
- Visits to critically ill patients (visits per arrangement with hospital management)
We thank you for your understanding in this regard.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
Silent hospitals promote healing. We ask that you put your mobile on silent while on hospital premises, keep volume to a minimum and that any accompanying children are well supervised.
The hospital facilitates support groups for families and patients affected by Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Cardiac Disease, and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Pharmacy and retail shop
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.