Mediclinic has always believed that patients and their loved ones are important partners in healing. We would like to thank our amazing community for their patience during these difficult times and we look forward to facilitating better engagement between patients and families in coming months. As we gradually reduce visiting restrictions, we appreciate all visitors as our partners in maintaining safe environments for our patients and caregivers.
Visits from family and friends are an important part of the recovery process and Mediclinic makes every effort to accommodate visitors.
Please note the following:
- Managed flexible visiting hours apply (09:00 - 20:00), with a resting period between 13:00-15:00, but there may be times when visitors cannot be accommodated. Please enquire at the nurses’ station to confirm if a patient is able to receive visitors. Visitors may be asked to leave the bedside when procedures are carried out in the unit; we appreciate your understanding in this regard.
- We ask that visitors respect other patients in the room and restrict the number of individuals visiting to three per bed in general wards, two per bed in critical care units and one person can accompany a patient admitted for a day procedure in the day ward.
- Access for partners accompanying obstetric patients remains unchanged–a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient if facilities are available, or may visit once a day for an unlimited time. A well partner may accompany a COVID-19 positive patient for the delivery only
- A designated family member/support person (that has passed access control) is allowed to accompany a patient in the Emergency Centre
- Paediatric patients and one parent continue to be regarded as a single entity as before
- All patient visitors must go through the screening process and will not be allowed entry should they be deemed to be a risk
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.
Individual visitation may be restricted in teh interest of the patient's wellbeing.
Silent hospitals promote healing. We ask that you put your mobile on silent while on hospital premises, keep volume to a minimum and that any accompanying children are well supervised.
- Pharmacy (limited retail service from Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 - closed on public holidays and weekends)
- FREE Wifi
- Coffee Shop
Please direct all enquiries to the administrative assistant or the unit manager.