Mediclinic believes that allowing patients access to their loved ones is an essential part of their recovery and wellness, but we understand that it is still important to manage the risk for all.
Please note the following:
• All patients will be allowed 1 visitor a day
• Visitation will be allowed at any time between the hours of 11.00am to 12.00pm and 4.00pm to 6.00pm at the convenience of the patient/visitor.
• A known COVID-19 positive obstetric patient may be accompanied by an asymptomatic partner for the labour and delivery only. For known negative COVID-19 obstetric patients or asymptomatic patients awaiting results, a well partner can accompany the patient and board with the patient if facilities are available, or may visit daily for an unlimited time. Additional visitors for the obstetric units can be arranged but this will be for direct family members only, and only one visitor (besides the parents) at the bedside at any time.
• Patients for surgery will be allowed to have an individual accompany them through the admission process and to the entrance of the applicable theatre.
• Paediatric patients and one parent will be regarded as a single entity as before – thus allowing for another visitor as per the general rule applied above.
• Neonatal ICU will continue to allow only the parents to access the neonatal ICU with no restriction on the duration of the visit.
• All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times.
ALL VISITORS MUST be cleared through hospital access control.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. We recommend calling the hospital prior to your visit to confirm visiting arrangements.