Mediclinic is ready for you when you are in need of expert care.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our patients’ safety, when you need it most.
- Mediclinic Hospitals and Emergency Centres are equipped to deal with both COVID-19 and non- COVID-19 related complications
- Strict policies and procedures are in place to limit the risk of infection
- All staff have been trained in infection prevention and control and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infections
- All staff are equipped with the required personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect them against infection
- Additional cleaning rounds have been implemented and all areas are cleaned thoroughly in-between patients
- Strict hospital access control procedures have been introduced to limit the risk of transmission
- All patients will undergo testing before or on admission to confirm their COVID-19 status - with allocation to the appropriate area for treatment
- COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 treatment areas in hospitals with limited movement of staff members
Looking after your health during COVID-19
Although it is important to limit our exposure to others during this time of uncertainty, seeking help if you are unwell and in need of care is very important to your wellbeing.
Medical emergencies present in many different ways with some of the symptoms listed below being warning signs to more severe problems. Please note that they are a few of many and if ever uncertain, to rather seek help.
- chest pain
- shortness of breath or breathing problems
- symptoms suggestive of a stroke (drooping of the face, speech difficulty, weakness of one side of the body)
- changes to your vision
- persistent vomiting and diarrhoea
If you have a non-urgent or chronic health related issue, please contact your GP or treating doctor. Many practices have made changes to ensure that healthcare remains safe and accessible during this period.